Monday, August 31, 2009

Recent "Achievements..."

Okay, I have been just awful about updating this blog! My goal when Addison starts back to MDO next week is to get this blog updated! Not so much for myself, but for Addison! She's missing a whole month (or two... okay, maybe three...)! And there is so much to add (Eek! Including vacation pictures!!! This is embarrassing)!

Newest "achievements..."

- CLIMBING OUT OF HER BED!!!! Yikes! She started this over the weekend at my parents' house, out of her pack & play. I was holding out hope that she wouldn't think to do it at home, but no such luck. And her room is upstairs. Ugh. It was kinda cute, though, on Sunday afternoon, I was sitting in the living room, listening to her wake up and chatter on the monitor, just like usual, but suddenly, her voice was VERY loud -- she had her door open and was calling down the stairs to me! Thankfully, my friend Rachel recommended a gate in her doorway and that has definitely helped JE and I sleep better. That, and a full-blast monitor glued to my head!

- Crazy for Elmo. Like, sobbing when Sesame Street is over, and yelling and signing, "More! More!" She adores the Sesame Street books we have, especially my old Sesame Street Dictionary (which I seriously reread a thousand times when I was little!). She loves to point out the characters!

- Says dinner and bedtime prayers. Tonight she actually folded her hands and sort of closed her eyes (I caught her peeking!). She has been saying "Amen" after prayers for a while now, and she will also say "I love you, Jesus" before I lay her down! This is the absolute sweetest thing I have ever seen!

- Off the charts tall... At her 18-month appointment, she was 34.75" tall, which really did put her "off the charts." And weight fell in the 75-85 percentile, 26.10 pounds. Still long and lean!

- Oh so much more! I promise I will get this thing updated very soon with TONS of new pictures!!!

No comments: