The neglect of this blog has gotten so far out of hand, I really don't know what to do. I am not ready to throw in the towel, though, so here we go.
We flew (Addison's first airplane ride) to Fort Myers Beach last summer for a great week with our dear friends the Moores, at a FABULOUS condo owned by a family friend. There's an incredible picture of our view (which was the same for more than 180*) somewhere in here...
Addison was a champ on the flights to Florida, although our trip home was another story. Our initial flight finally took off around 4 hours behind schedule, making us late for our Atlanta connection. Imagine four adults sprinting through the Atlanta airport, babies and carseats juggled all the way, dodging the hundreds, maybe thousands, of displaced travelers (thank you, weather). Not to mention all the acoutrements that go along with traveling... Then imagine being told, after finally finding our gate, that there is no room on the flight. The last flight to XNA until 4 the next day. Thankfully, the husbands pleaded and we looked just pitiful enough to be allowed on the "full" plane that was, in reality, less than half full. I am leaving out a lot of details, but let's just say we were so grateful to be HOME at 2 the morning after leaving! Anyway, all things considered, Addison did really well on her first real journey!
The beach itself was a huge hit; Addison loved the sand and sun, she just wasn't too sure about the salt water in her eyes and nose! And mouth!!!
Next time, we are DRIVING!!!
5 comments:
Welcome back! I am doing just what you are doing. Trying to figure out how to get back going on our blog. We miss you guys! Let's get the girls together to play! And to give Addison her bday gift!
Such beautiful pictures!!! Your family is so gorgeous!! I think it is time to add another!!! Hope to see you guys soon, now that the weather is nicer we will look for you all's nightly walks!
Devin
I'm so happy that you updated! It's so hard to get back into it once you've taken a break. Been there :). I THINK that I may've seen you at Target the other day but you(or whoever)were on the phone and I didn't want to walk up and look like an idiot :). Addison is beautiful and I'm so jealous of her hair. Will you help me shop for summer clothes?? Haha. You look so cute in all of the pics! Have a great weekend.
I love seeing those pics of the kids! They have grown soo much since last summer! I agree with Devin.... Another one should be soon!!!!
What a memorable first "journey" for our little travelers one the plane/airport!
Ps. I wish you would have toldthe very last part about what we discovered once we got to xna.... Bless her heart! I still giggle about that!
OMG thank you for getting back on the wagon! :)
Post a Comment