The (feather-trimmed!!!) sign greeting my guests
as they arrived for the party:
My Rock Star Birthday Party Invitation
This is actually the picture that was printed, then set on a background of layered zebra, hot pink and black card stock. They turned out so cute!
My Very Own Cake Table!
In the background is my very own birthday banner that Mommy made me! I will use it at my birthday celebration every year!
We used this table to hold my fancy bib and diaper cover (Since there was no way I was eating cake in my fancy party outfit...and I certainly couldn't go naked!), as well as my fabulous feather and zebra party hat and lots of pictures of me over the past year. My, how I have grown!
Mmm... My Pretty Smash Cake!


Just wait till you see the "after" picture of this!
My Gorgeous, Fabulous Party High Chair!

All decked out in feathers, tulle and ribbon in all shades of pink and black!
The Spread:
We had a delicious assortment of goodies prepared for the party, including dips, fruits, pizza bread, mozzarella balls, bunco buns...You name it! We also had amazing royal-iced sugar cookies and a huge zebra cake, both from the incredible Shelby Lynn's, as was the smash cake. (BTW, If you don't use Shelby Lynn's--why not?!? She just won the Cake Challenge on the Food Network--I think it airs in April!)
We had a copy of Dr. Seuss'
Happy Birthday to You! that everyone signed for Miss Priss to enjoy. I think it might become an every-birthday tradition! How fun for her to look back at all the sweet notes from those who love her!

A close-up of the cake. I took the invitation to Shelby Lynn's and had Jennifer recreate the tattoo design on the front of Addison's shirt on her cake! To the left, you can see the framed invitation, and to the back is the bucket of favors--echo microphones for all our little rock stars!

The gorgeous cookies with pearlized pink royal icing and Addison's name written through the "tattoo!" I think Mommy ate about a dozen of these--she LOVES them!
The dining room ceiling was covered with about four dozen balloons in black, hot pink, light pink, lime green and aqua. They had super-long streamers and this picture truly does not capture the feeling it gave the room! It also was a huge source of entertainment for the kids--they had a blast grabbing the balloons and letting them loose in the TWO-STORY foyer! It was such fun getting them down!
What a fantastic day!
Pictures of actual people coming soon!
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Addison!!! I can't believe they are one!!! We survived!
You did a GREAT job with the party, gets me excited for Lily's first b-day in May, where did you get her b-day hat and what bib was it you had for her, is there a pic of that, you had fantastic ideas, the rock star theme was adorable, can't wait to see Addison in her b-day outfit. Love the sign on the front door and of course the b-day banner, will probably have to get them for Lily's party. You do a GREAT job Amanda! Looking forward to seeing the rest of the b-day pics.
Cheryl Carr (Lily's grammy)
Everything is soo cute!! so creative!! I saw Shelby Lynn's on one of the other Food Network Cake challenges! Can't wait to see her on there again! I was star struck and I want to visit there the next time we come to NWA!
P.S. I have a pic Brad want's me to show Jim Ed! I'll send it soon!
Happy Birthday Addison!
oh my word! everything is utterly fabulous! Wouldnt expect anything less for such a glamour girl!!! LOVE it!
Did I already mention how perfectly sweet and cute everything was for Miss A's party?
Too bad Cyler had to sleep most of the time we were there! HA -
Happy Birthday, Addison! Mommy did such a great job with your party. I love your invitations... adorable. And, so creative, I've never seen anything like that before.
Post a Comment