Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Eve...

After church on Christmas Eve MiMi and Aunt Sister came over (YaYa and Often were still here, obviously) to celebrate. I made a roast and all the fixins, and it was delicious! Addison chowed down, then headed upstairs for bathtime and jammies so she could get to the gifts! So fun!
Posing with Often and Mommy in front of the big tree at church!
Two of Addison's friends had on companion outfits to her adorable Tralala holiday outfit...all three were in the nursery stylin' together! I wanted to get a picture, but the other two were out the door before I could say, "Amen" so no such luck! I am sure they looked super cute together, though!
After dinner, we dove into the presents! Well, Addison did! Literally!"What do you mean the box isn't the present?"

After all that activity, Addison needed a quick refuel!
Wait, is there more?
YaYa & Aunt Sister (with her homemade Christmas ribbon headband!) She will kill me when she sees this! Aunt Sister always seems to find an accessory in the gift wrap!
Playing with Aunt Sister in the cabinet! We moved this armoire downstairs into the kitchen because we needed a little more storage in the kitchen, plus I had an empty wall I needed to fill. The bottom cabinet has become a favorite play place! I knew Addison would love it--I had a similar hiding/play spot when I was little, too! She's got a good setup in there--blankets, pillows, dolls and other various favorite toys!
What makes me laugh about this little location is that on Thursday when I picked Addison up from MDO, one of her teachers was telling me that Addison was hiding and playing in an empty cabinet, and Mackenzie (about 15 months) would run over and open the door to peek in at her, then close the door. When Ms G opened the door to peek at Addison, she was just sitting in there, playing with her doll and laughing at the door being opened! Silly girl! What is it about spaces like that?
So just before bedtime we read two of my favorite Christmas stories, The Littlest Angel and Pegasus. My mom read these both to us every Christmas Eve, and her mom, and her mom! We read a little of each story before Addison got antsy...probably a good thing because I will never be able to make it through The Littlest Angel without crying. Mom was always grateful that we fell asleep before the story was over! After storytime, we set out cookies and hot chocolate for Santa!

No comments: