Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Oh yes she did...

This picture has nothing whatsoever to do with this post, I just think it is funny!
So I ran to the grocery store this evening because, well, Mother Hubbard's cupboard was BARE! Daddy stayed home while Addison finished up her nap. As I was turning the corner into our neighborhood, Daddy called me and said, "Do you want to know what your daughter did?"

Uh oh. He's not claiming her. She's my daughter, not ours, so she clearly did something very wrong.

Let me first say that Addison has discovered that she has the ability to remove her diaper when she wants to. In particular, she likes to take it off when it is wet, and she will usually tug at it when it needs to be changed. Once last week, I went to get her up from her nap and she was standing in her bed proudly holding her diaper in her hand for me to see. And then she proceeded to tinkle.

Know where this is going?

I will spare you the glamorous details, but let's just say that every rail in that sweet bed has been doused with Lysol, her sheets, blankets and precious bunny are in a scalding washing machine, and we just pray that covers all our bases.

With a boy, I sort of would expect this. But with a girl who doesn't like to get yogurt on her hands?

4 comments:

Tabitha and Kelly said...

O NO!!!! I hope we don't have that phase!!!! I hated that I had a good laugh at your expense!! Goodluck!!

CAMoore said...

LOL!!!!! OH my!!!! I just know one day this is going to be coming for us!

Kim at Scarlett Boutique said...

Oh my soul, that girl is too prissy for a wet diaper mama! Hey, maybe this means she will be easy to potty train?!

Brown Four...Never a Dull Moment said...

Love it...this story brings back so many fond memories of my kiddos!