Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hey Hey Hey! I'm Five Months Today!

I am such a big girl--can you believe it?

We've been busy the last week, going to the library, playing with friends, swimming, working in the yard...

We had a fun cookout at Ben & Leslie's, and we tried to get a picture of Addison with Cy, but when she would cooperate, Cy wasn't ready. Then when Cy wanted his picture taken, guess who threw a fit! Oh well, maybe next time!

We also got to eat a yummy dinner with Grady and his parents, and this was the first time that Grady was really big enough to play (lay) with Addison! They are going to be big buddies!
How cute is this? Addison is holding Grady's hand!
Telling Grady a secret...
And letting Barry in on it too!
Playing with Maddie at the pool!


Mommy had her first real night away from Addison when she went out with some fun girls for Keri's birthday (Happy 29th...and Holding!) ...Addison did great, and Mommy did a lot better than we all expected! Daddy was in charge of bathtime, and bedtime too! When Mommy got home, Daddy let her know that he thinks we should do that a couple of times a week...he loved getting to feed her a bottle and help her unwind after a long day! For some reason, I don't think he means I get to go out with the girls twice a week, but I am really glad he got to see why I love bedtime so much!

A little update on where I am at 5 months. I...

...am about 26 inches tall. We haven't officially measured in a month, but that's our guess.
...weigh about 15-16 pounds, depending on how full the old diaper is when they put me on the scale!
....eat a lot!!! I start the day anywhere from 6:30-9:30 (very inconsistent) with milk, then my second meal is rice cereal EXACTLY three hours later. I drink milk twice more before my next rice, which is usually around 5:30ish. I get another milk feeding between 7:30 and 8:00, and am usually set until 4 am. Yes, that's right. We still like to eat about 6-7 times a day. I think Addison would prefer more, but Oh My Goodness!!! Addison is doing really well with the cereal, and likes to sit in her high chair with her feet up on the bar!!! So funny!
....can still wear some of my 0-3 month clothes (not much, just a couple of onesies and jeans, but they're about to be high-waters!) but also wear most of my 3-6 month clothes, even some 6-12 month outfits! ...am still able to wear a size 1 shoe, but it's a matter of time before I outgrow all my fabulous size ones! I don't wear them a lot since it's summer!
...still love bouncing in my Baby Bjorn! Works like a charm, but it is starting to hurt Mommy's back a tiny bit. I'm putting on the l-b's!
...am starting to grow even more hair on the top of my sweet little head! Sometimes it looks blonde and at other times, it seems a little strawberry blonde. Who knows? Mommy was a strawberry blonds and Daddy was a tow-head, so anything goes!
...still have very deep blue eyes!
...like to sleep on my tummy with my little tush up in the air.
...LOVE being the center of attention! I've started a little "flirt" thing where I will coyly smile, then bury my face in Mommy's chest! It's so funny!
...still like my passie, but still manage to get that thumb in there quite a bit. If I'm in bed and don't have a passie in my mouth, it's so much easier to just pop in the thumb. I am starting to be able to put a passie back in the right way, though, so maybe when I master that, I will give up on el thumbo!
...love water. Swimming, bathtime, showers after meals (because I am MESSY!), the kitchen sink, the hose... ...drool constantly! My shirts are always wet, and I chew on everything. I know I have a tooth coming in soon.
...love to bounce wildly in my Jumperoo and talk to Mommy while she's working on dinner or painting in the kitchen. I can usually stand the fun for about 30 minutes before I've had enough!
...am so incredibly close to crawling! I've been scooting for a little while, and have started pulling up on my hands and knees and really rocking back and forth. Look out world!
...am really good at grabbing things and holding on to them, especially Mommy's hair or Daddy's ties!
...still LOVE to be outside! I've started pulling on my sunglasses and hats, but not too much. Mainly when Mommy stops to talk to someone and I need an unobstructed view of their faces!
...am over my gym and bouncy chair and swing. Waay too babyish for this grown up girl. ...am the apple of my Mommy's and my Daddy's eyes! Unfortunately for Daddy, I am becoming a bit of a Mommy's girl. There have been several instances where Daddy is holding me, but I dive for Mommy's arms as soon as I see her! Uh Oh!
...am "wild as a March hare," as they say! I went to the nursery at church last Sunday for the first time because I kept trying to bend over backwards in Mommy's arms. Don't tell Mommy and Daddy, but I think I liked it in there! There are lots of sweet ladies and tons of cool toys to play with! Not to mention all the other kiddos!

3 comments:

Olivia Grace said...

Had fun with you at dinner. Love your blog. Leslie Silvey

Amber said...

Addison, tell Grady to get a blog started!

Anita Pope said...
This comment has been removed by the author.