Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Fun Weekend!

Wow, I apologize for disappearing for a week and a half! After being back at school (which, in case I haven't said it enough, was so hard!!!), I was sick, then Jim Ed, and then Addison. It wasn't awful, but it was a congestion-stuffy head thing that really wasn't much fun at all. Poor little Angel Baby is still a little hoarse, which makes her cries even more pitiful sounding... =(
Me and my buddy, Lily, at work with our mommies!

The other reason for our absence from the blogging world was our visit to YaYa and Often's house...Addison had her first road trip this weekend! She did so great in the car; really didn't cry on the way there or the way back until the very end, where I was trying to stretch out that last few minutes before feeding time! We were so lucky to have my wonderful cousin Gay and her husband Matt, as well as their precious kids Will, Kate and Anna Grace, stay with us! Okay, Will is 16, so he's not precious, he's handsome, but the girls are precious! We had so much fun, and the girls were just in love with Addison! Addison also got to meet one of Mommy's high school friends, Elisha! Doing toe touches with YaYa!
Addison does not look 4 1/2 months here--she looks so much older! Sitting up so tall!
Do you mind? Can't you see I'm trying to read here?
May I help you?
Woo-Hoo!
Gimmie some more of that watermelon sherbet, YaYa!
Sitting up so well!
Hangin' out with Often!

YaYa and Often gave us a new camera for our anniversary, which was June 1 (Six years! Wow! has it really been that long?)! I don't think it was really for us, it was more for them; they want better pictures of Addison! Of course, I have no pictures from the weekend of anyone but Addison! But she's a great subject!

The most fun part of the weekend was Addison's first real swim! She adores the bath, and she's gotten to dip her feet in a couple of pools, but this was for real! And she really liked it, even though the water in the big pool was so cold it truly took your breath away! YaYa bought Addison a huge crab float toy, and her little feet could touch the bottom of the pool, so she just tooled around the baby pool until she bumped into a wall, then changed direction until she bumped into another wall! Bumper boats! She even got her first dunking, and didn't even try to cry! Jim Ed blew in her face so she closed up, then under she went, and she came up laughing! It was great! My super-cool bikini! I am FABULOUS, even though I am worn out from all that swimming!

We were sad to miss our friend Carlee's first birthday party, but got to see her before we left town! Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl! We love you! It was a really wonderful weekend, but ugh, now we're all off schedule and working so hard to get back on. Addison has not been wanting to nap, and her eating has been at irregular times. This week is all about getting back in sync!

Jim Ed, I am so happy that we have been so fortunate to have six wonderful years together--look what those six years brought us! You are a wonderful husband and a terrific daddy, and Addison and I are lucky to have you in our lives!

3 comments:

Christy said...

Glad you are back to blogging, you've been missed. Can't wait to see pictures.

CAMoore said...

Can't wait to see pictures!

I have been checking your blog and missing your posts!

The Phaup Family said...

OK!!! There are times when I look at Addison and think she looks like you and then I scroll down to the next picture and think she looks like JimEd. Either way...SHE IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!