Saturday, May 31, 2008

Elephant Lovey

It is pure torture to let Addison "cry it out," but we know that's sometimes the best, if not only, way to teach her how to soothe herself back to sleep when she wakes during the night. Since she's still not dexterous enough to grab that paci and pop it back in her mouth, the fingers often do the trick. And it's the thumb a lot. So we needed to try something else. Aha! We have a drawerful of Loveys in her room that we received as gifts, and she hasn't yet taken an interest in any of them.

Last night, we tried it and it worked like a charm! I laid her down very awake, with the lovey in her hand, near her nose so she could smell me, and within minutes, she was out! Hooray! I caught this picture of her napping this morning (Strapped into her bouncy chair because these days, she wiggles all the way down and tries to get out!). I think we have a new favorite!

How incredibly precious is that face?

6 comments:

Martha said...

What an adorable picture! That makes me want to cuddle her!

CAMoore said...

CUTIE!!!!!!!!!!

Christy said...

That is all Peyton ever used - her beebee - and it always worked like a charm. As she got older she would click the seams with her fingernails.

I love the picture - so cute!

RachelM said...

That is too sweet!
We're dying for library classes to start up so we can see yall again!

Corbin said...

too cute now that vacation is over we are gong to try to be sticklers at night with staying asleep ad in our own bed thing!!!! So glad it is working for y'all!!!!

Christy said...

Thanks so much for writing me back! And yes, I do love being a mommy! I have been obsessed with posting!! I love looking at your blog too!! Addison just keeps getting cuter!! And yes, you can add my blog to your page! I will email you later with my questions and orders! Have a good day!