Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Rough Day at the Reed House

***Update! The tooth definitely broke through yesterday evening, and Addison slept really well, soo much better than the previous night. She is back to her chipper little self today! Yaay!

Priss really had it rough today. Is she getting sick? Is she getting another tooth? Separation anxiety? Bad night? Growth spurt? Just plain woke up on the wrong side of the bed? What could it be?

Maybe a combination of things, but Addison wanted to be held all day long, although she was mad at Daddy and I for holding her. She would be giggling and playing, and then, literally, two seconds later, she would let out a bloodcurdling scream! Even the trusty old Baby Bjorn was of no use. It was a very frustrating day for all involved, and it just tears my heart out to see her unhappy or uncomfortable. She's just such an incredibly happy baby, so I am so unprepared for days like this.

I'm pretty certain that that last tooth we've been waiting on (for a while), the lower right lateral incisor, has finally broken through,, and is the culprit. It wasn't there this morning when I checked, but this evening, just before bed, I think I saw a tiny sliver of white. Maybe the worst is behind us?

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Poor Addison!! I hope she gets better!! There is a virus going around that includes a bad stomach ache, low grade fever and cold like symptoms...I know it sounds crazy, but every child I know has had it!!

BTW - I have not had a chance to comment on the other recent posts...She looks absolutely adorable in all those pictures!!! I love the one in the tutu and pjs etc!! She is a DOLL!!! Oh and those CHEESE pics, priceless!!!

Tabitha and Kelly said...

Tell me about it! We've had a similar past two days - today was better. I didn't know if he was "spoiled" from being held all weekend at the fam's, teething, or what? But a tooth poked through and today was a thousand times better! So, I know exactly what you mean - Max is the happiest baby and I'm just beside myself when he has a "bad" day! Hope tomorrow is a normal day!

Corbin said...

I am so ready for a tooth I feel like JA has been teething for a month!!!! I wish you could take them back to the hospital for those few days!!!! HAng in there!!!

Sarah Beth said...

Poor Addison! We just had a tooth pop through and Ava was fussy. But I also notice that she doesn't have the seperation and stranger anxiety that she had previously. Addison might be going through that, for about 2-3 months Ava didn't want to be in her walker or swing she just wanted to be held. Now she just wants to do her own thing.