Sunday, October 12, 2008

Weekend Fun...

Oh, she looks like such a big girl here! Breaks my heart right into a million pieces!
So what has Priss been up to?
Thursday night we had a great neighborhood block party on our corner, and she thought all the people there were there for her! Addison was quite the little butterfly, and loved entertaining all her audience! We had lots of fun, and we made many new friends!
Friday was actually rather uneventful; sort of the calm before the storm! A few errands and a little shopping...Cheeeese!
Mmmmm...Cheerios!
Daddy was out of town for a meeting. Boo. I hate it when he has to waste a whole day driving and sitting in some boring meeting. I had to hustle down to the Tyson Track Center for the AAO Sports Experience, where I had a little informational booth about Bibs & Cribs and Twinkle Tees. It was a lot of fun, and I got to see several friends I haven't seen in a while. I also saw Olympian Wallace Spearman. JE was not impressed like I was. Anytime I make a comment about anyone with any amount of fame, his comment is, "They're just people." But I think it's fun! =)
Then I ran home to scoop up Addison (Aunt Sister was babysitter extraordinaire for the day) for Knox's 4th birthday party, but she decided it was naptime as I was pulling into the driveway. So we were only an hour and a half late to the racecar party. Mmm hmm. We missed the whole thing, but it was sort of nice to spend a few minutes one-on-one with the birthday boy--that never happens! Addison also got a little playtime in with Rigley, Knox's little brother. He was a little irritated with Addison's interest in his cars. =) Knox was so gracious (Yes, a gracious four year-old boy! Really!) and really seemed to love his presents! His "whoa!" reaction is evidently a very good thing! Happy Birthday, Knox!
Next, we jetted across town to McCoy's 1st birthday party, just in time to see the end of his cake dive. Addison did get to watch McCoy open his presents, and she really enjoyed helping him inspect them. They are such buddies--they both lit up when they saw one another! We also got to see several people we hadn't seen in a while, so that was really nice for Addison! Happy Birthday, McCoy!Peek-a-boo! I see you!
McCoy, Charlie and Addison attempting to "share" a toy...
These two are such buddies! "I know Ms. Rachel has a milk in here somewhere for me...""Ooh, is that a present for me?"
Dinner, bath, a little play time, and to bed...Aunt Sister came back over, and I headed to Dickson Street for my dear girlfriends Counts' & Cassie's 13 Going on 30 Birthday Party. These two have celebrated birthdays together for years, and they had a big blowout for #30! Sadly, I was worn out from the day, and with no JE to rock out with, it was a short night for me. I wished the girls a great evening, chatted up all the fun friends I haven't seen in several years, and made my way home. Enjoying a pretty day last week outside with Daddy!
Daddy got home Sunday mid-morning, then took Addison and I to Tim's for some yummy pizza! That was the best part of my whole weekend! We missed you, Daddy, and are so glad to have you back!
Daddy & Addison enjoying some appetizers...banana puffs."Where's that pizza?"Reading a story before bed with Daddy. I'm so glad you're home, Daddy!
Meanwhile, Ya Ya and Often are on their annual road trip with friends Peaches and Toppy. Do you absolutely love all these names? They take a cool drive each fall and hit all the tourist things you never really do! I love it! So far on this trip, I know they've hit Graceland, the Grand Old Opry, Lincoln's Birthplace, Transylvania U, the Member's Mark Distillery... I can't wait to see what fun, kitschy things they bring back for Addison!
Oh, and here is a fun shot of Addison moments after she first discovered chocolate... That was hiding in my purse.

3 comments:

The Ennis' said...

Hey girl! We were going to go to Knox's birthday party but we had a soccer game and then an out of town wedding. It would've been nice to see you. H and Knox are in the same class at school. I love all of Addison's outfits. Too bad Lydia's not a year behind her ;)!!

Trent, Amanda and Kennedy said...

I am so impressed of how well Addison is walking. Kennedy is still not even crawling.

RachelM said...

McCoy is so excited that yall came to his party! He thinks Addison is so much fun!