Addison loves to check out the cute baby in the mirror! She will slap the mirror and laugh and laugh and laugh! She also likes to kiss the pretty baby she sees! All of my mirrors are totally marked up from slime, but I wouldn't have it any other way!
Addison has also finally taken an interest in her books! I would try and try to read to her, but all she was interested in was eating her book! All of a sudden, she has begun picking up a book and bringing it to me. She likes to climb into my lap and look at the pictures! And I must tell you, it is magical--I loved books as a child; still do. My mom has always said that if she couldn't find me, I was off in a window seat or hiding behind a chair, reading!
I actually have started putting a couple of books in her crib when I lay her down for a nap, and she loves it! Never fusses! I went in to peek at her the other day after realizing she'd been asleep for a little longer than usual and found her laying on her tummy, propped up on her elbows, "reading" Goodnight Moon! Absolutely content to just hang out and read!
Addison has never taken much of an interest in television, which is entirely fine by me. Baby Einstein did nothing for her (too bad I bought the huge package and they're all just sitting in the box!)... We've watched a little Miss Spider, some Yo Gabba Gabba, Sesame Street... Still not really interested. Again, fine. But there is a great little show on Noggin called Jack's Big Music Show which I think is adorable. These darling little technicolor puppets basically sing for the whole episode, and they are just sooo cute! Addison has started to enjoy it quite a lot! She will stop whatever she's doing when it starts and dance to the music! Love it!
Another fun new trick is opening and closing doors! She loves to open and shut our bedroom door, and could probably entertain herself this way for several hours! I will say "open" and "shut" or "closed" as she performs each action, and she just giggles every time she opens the door and sees me sitting there!I have started putting out my Christmas decorations a little at a time--this will be a chore--and Addison really loves the small tree in the foyer that has glass birds all over it! I brought her out to see it this morning when it was still dark and I'm pretty sure I heard her whisper "ooh..."
No comments:
Post a Comment