Thursday, February 26, 2009

Our Little Helper!

I recently read that even at a young age, children have an intrinsic desire to be helpful. Supposedly as early as 18 months, children that this researcher was studying would rush to offer help to an adult who was in need (for example: carrying too many items, and dropping something).
I guess I never really thought about it, but Addison is really beginning to exhibit very helpful tendencies. She absolutely loves to sit on the dryer and toss clothes in as I load the washer, loves to close doors she thinks we have forgotten to close, loves to load clothes into the dryer, will grab any cloth nearby and help mop up spills, occasionally will help pick up the trail of crumbs she leaves throughout the house...
She also loves to sweep and vacuum just like Daddy with the cleaning kit he got her for Valentines Day! The vacuum makes noise and everything--it is a big hit!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Such a good little helper!! It is crazy how much kids want to help!! I have 2 little helpers (whether I want them or not) every time we clean house =).

Anonymous said...

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree does it?
She is awesome, just like her Mommy and Daddy!

CAMoore said...

aw what a good little girl!!! such a helper!