Friday, April 25, 2008

I'm 3 Whole Months!

As of 10:22 tonight, I will be officially 3 MONTHS OLD! My, how the time has flown! And I...

...am about 25 inches tall.
...weigh about 14 pounds.
...eat every 3 hours, except at night, when I will go one long span from about 8-1!
...am still very impatient when I decide it's time to eat. I am perfectly happy one minute, then the next, I'm screaming, no, screeching, at the top of my lungs while Mommy fumbles around, trying to get ready!...get in bed every night at 8, then eat at about 1, 4 and 7.
...can still wear some of my 0-3 month clothes but also fit into a lot of 3-6 months (it depends on the brand).
...am still not able to wear a size 1 shoe yet--I have really narrow heels!!!
...still love bouncing in my Baby Bjorn! Now I can face outward, though, and I really think that's pretty neat!
...am starting to grow some more hair on the top of my sweet little head! Sometimes it looks blonde and at other times, it seems a little strawberry blonde. Who knows?
...still have very deep blue eyes!
...like to sleep on my side about half the night. The other half is on my back.
...LOVE being the center of attention! I love the spotlight and think I will probably be quite a ham when I'm a little older! People are always stopping my parents and commenting on how cute and sweet and pretty I am!
...still like my passie, but have started sucking on my fist or middle and ring fingers too. Every time I do that, Mommy or Daddy pull my fingers out of my mouth and put back that old passie! Will they ever learn? ...love bathtime! I kick back and relax and let Daddy do the work! I don't even mind when the water is poured over my head and gets into my eyes!
...am very talkative, and respond to my parents when they talk, and sometimes I start the conversation up myself! I like to talk to my toys and mobile and the cute girls at Masons, too!
...laughed my first real laugh April 18! We were playing "Up & Down," where Mommy helps me stand up, then drops me softly to my bottom. I love this, and we spend a lot of time each day playing this way. Until this, my laugh was a funny little gasp when I liked something, which I still do a lot!
...had my second laugh April 21! Mommy had just put me in my Jumperoo to try it out, and I giggled when I felt how I could bounce in it! My feet don't yet touch the floor in it, but Daddy put a box under me and I'm good to go!
...drool constantly!
...have started to screech when I cry, which thankfully isn't all that often because I don't think Mommy and Daddy could handle hearing that very much! I do save the screech for when I'm really unhappy, though!
...like to sit in my swing or Jumperoo and talk to Mommy while she's working on dinner or painting in the kitchen. I usually wait until she's really in the middle of something before I decide I'm uncomfortable or unhappy! ...am so incredibly close to rolling over! I'll get the bottom half all the way over, but that arm just won't get out of the way! I rolled over for the first time this morning in bed with Mommy, but we're not sure it really counts because their bed is soft and fluffy and pretty easy to roll in.
...am getting better at grasping and holding on to things like blankets, shirts and hands, and will hold onto toys occasionally. I almost got that passie back into my mouth all by myself earlier this week, and I thought Mommy was going to have a fit, she was so excited!
...LOVE to be outside! We go on lots of walks, and I just love looking at the pretty flowers and trees, and hearing the birds chirp and dogs bark! I just don't like it very much when the sun gets in my eyes. My fabulous new sunglasses that Mommy got for me help a lot, though!
...am really hitting the toys in my gym well. I can also grasp them for a minute and sort of "throw" them! I like to look at my cute face in the mirror in my gym, too.
...took my first bottle of breastmilk this Wednesday. I liked it, and Daddy really liked getting to feed me, but I think it made Mommy a little sad. It's sort of her thing... =(

Addison continues to amaze Jim Ed and I with every little move she makes! We are so lucky you came into our lives, and thank God for you every day! We love you, Angel Baby!

4 comments:

CAMoore said...

Such a sweet post! Love reading about all her happenings!

a

Christy said...

So adorable!!! She is just the cutest thing!! I am so glad to hear all is well!! I bet you can't believe she is already 3 months!!

Mandy said...

She is so adorable and it was so much fun to read about all of her little habbits!! Time goes by so fast!!! It was like a walk down memory lane reading about what all she is doing right now!

I love her BIG Bows...I hope I have a girl sometime!!

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe that Addison is such a "Big" girl already. I enjoy reading everything that Addison writes. Love the bathroom, but whatelse would you expect from your Mom?
Keep up the good work, you need to do more art work!