What a great first Mother's Day this was! We started out with JE and Addison surprising me with a gift certificate for a hot stone massage, salt wrap (?) and facial at a spa here in town! JE swears he had nothing to do with it, and Addison went out herself to get it! Amazing!Then we headed to church, where Addison was really good up until the sermon; I'm not sure I have heard an entire sermon since we started taking Angel Baby to church! She and I snuck outside for a few minutes in the sunshine and breeze, and then we were good to go!
We joined JE's sisters, brothers-in-law, mother and neices and nephew for lunch, took a very short trip to the mall (everyone else had the same idea), and then we took a sleepy Addison to the park for a quick swing and slide! She loves being outside so much, and it is so much fun to see her sweet little face light up when she feels the breeze on her face and the butterflies in her tummy from the swing!
I love to swing!
But I love my hands an awful lot, too...
I love to swing!
But I love my hands an awful lot, too...
But I love Daddy more than that!!!
I never imagined how much I could love something. Of course I love my husband, but this little creature has absolutely stolen my heart in an entirely new way! I have a new appreciation for all the little things my mom did for me, and I only hope I can be half the mom she was/is, and can teach Addison the many many things she taught me! Sometimes I just sit and stare at Addison and think about how you must have done the exact same thing to me so many times... It must be strange for you to watch your little baby girl caring for her own little baby girl! Thank you, Mom, for it ALL!!! I love you so much!
I'm starting to get the hang of this Bumbo thing...
I love my elephant!
He tastes really yummy!
Look out, world! Here I come!
Just can't get enough of that face!!!


2 comments:
Her eyes are soo pretty! I can see why you are so in awe of her beauty! She is a cutie pie- that's for sure!
Glad you had a great Mothers Day! Can't wait for next years' when we will have our 8 month old!!
She is just too cute.
Post a Comment