Monday, May 19, 2008

A Very Special Weekend!

Addison Kathryn Reed was baptized this weekend, and to make the event even sweeter, Jim Ed decided he was ready to go for it, as well! What a special time! We are so blessed! I don't think I breathed all morning, until the actual deed was done! I was so nervous that Angel Baby would demonstrate her vocal prowess for the entire congregation, but Addison was absolutely amazing, and we are so proud of her!
Not quite ready to get up and face the day. So snuggly, I can't complain!Now we're moving!With my awesome YaYa, who made my traffic-stopping bow just for me!A quick family picture before heading out the door. It's hard enough to get a good picture of one person, let alone a family of three. Addison, look this way!!!Presenting our familyDaddy's baptism. Mommy was biting her cheek to keep the tears (of joy) inside!Addison's baptismPastor loves to show off the babies! He always takes them on a tour of the sanctuary and shows the whole church how cute they are. I was terrified of Addison screaming at the top of her lungs; instead, she yawned! And got more than a few laughs!Prayers for the Angel Baby.The Reeds officially joining the church at which they have been repeat guests for six years!!!

I have to add that Addison was wearing a sweet white quilted coat made by YaYa that Mommy wore when she was baptised 28 years ago, then Aunt Sister wore at her baptism, too! It was so special to have her baptised in the same attire I was, and so generous of YaYa and Often to let us borrow it! She did have a sweet new smocked dress and huge feather, ribbon and rhinestone hairbow! She even wore real shoes for the first time--adorable little patent leather Pazitos with footprints on the bottoms! So sweet!

On to the house for a brunch! We invited some friends and family over to help us celebrate this special day, and had a wonderful time!Yummy cake from Shelby Lynn's! And there were petit fours, but Mommy hid all but about eight of them for herself!The setup! With stunning medium and dark pink wild roses from the rose bush at the (empty) house behind us. Someone should be enjoying those flowers! And we're really helping the bush by pruning it!
MiMi and cousin Elle
Aunt Sister dancing with me!

With PaPa
Opening a really special gift...
Kickin' back after a long day...A really long day. I was pooped!

What a great day! We have to be so lucky to have such a wonderful group of family and friends there to support us. Thank you all so much for being there for us, and with us. We are so blessed!

YaYa and Often were lucky enough to be here for the whole weekend, and we are so thankful that you were! We got so much done, and loved having you here! How did you stay away for 6 whole weeks?That's how you wear a baseball cap!


I seriously need PhotoShop.


Picture 1: Great of Often, not so much for Addison.

Picture 2: Sigh.Executive in charge of overseeing yard work. Great work, people!


Addison puts her feet on the dash wherever she is: swing, stroller... It is so funny!Mmmm...I love strawberry ice cream (and vanilla, and Frosties)!

We are really excited about next week's Doctor visit; 4 months and hopefully the go-ahead to start trying rice cereal! We have been letting Addison taste tiny amounts of soft foods from a spoon and she loves it, so we feel like she's ready for some "real" food!


Addison has become very helpful at getting dressed!Mmm...granite countertops taste so yummy! Why do you guys have all those teething toys? This is all I need!Still lovin' my Baby Bjorn!

4 comments:

Amber said...

I can't wait to see the rest of the pics...so sorry that we couldn't be there to share the special time..i did not know that you were back at work!! who is keeping miss addison???

Martha said...

Congrats on both baptisms. It's so special seeing the people you love do that! I bet that was a great day!! And hang in there about work. It gets easier!

RachelM said...

That is so special that JE and Addison were baptized on the same day! And of course, she looks absolutely adorable in all white!

Corbin said...

She does look perfect in her dress!!! That sucks you have to go back to work who keeps Addison?