Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Baby Barricade

My beautiful staircase. I love it sooo much. I love my tiger (zebra?) runner, and the dark stained wood. I love how the iron rails contrast with the cream in the runner. I love how this frames my tall-ceilinged foyer.

And I hate having a two-story house. Why, you ask?

Because of this. 45 seconds to the top.
Which means this is the newest addition to our home's decor. Please note, if you will (though the sun is shining right in the way) the fabulous adapter that is WHITE and attached to my banister with VELCRO. Yum.

Okay, I know I am pouting, but obviously it is necessary. This little one is waay too excited about seeing where those seventeen steps will take her! Addison went to bed with free reign over the stairs (we followed her up, of course), and woke up to this. She will stand at the gate and rattle it, hoping she can somehow shake it loose. She tries to wiggle underneath it, in the quarter-inch between the gate and the first step. When one of us opens the gate to go upstairs, she run-crawls to the base of the stairs, hoping against all hope that just this once, we forgot to latch it. Not even eight months yet. Yikes.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey Amanda - Who did you runner or where did you get it?? I have a very similar staircase and have been looking for something to change the carpet...I LOVE YOURS!!! If you don't mind letting me know, that would be awesome!! =)

BTW - I feel your pain - I was so sad on the day we had to put up the ugly gate...We had to re-paint in places where Owen would shake it and scuff the walls!! We finally took it down a couple months ago...it will be down before you know it...now I am kind of sad that it is gone, he is growing up too fast! =)

Maci's mommy said...

It looks like you have your hands full! Maci is pretty wild, but I think Addison would win the staircase race! Thanks for sharing and for all of your help in getting Maci all dolled up!