Oh yeah. Little Miss Seven Months and Three Weeks did it. Her official "First Steps!" With no assistance from Mommy or Daddy or any toys!



The whole family (YaYa and Often were in town) packed up and went to the Pit on Saturday morning. Instead of dragging her to the fiasco that was the early-morning Hogs game, she and Mommy got all dressed up in our Razorback red, had our own tailgate party in the comfort of home (with milk, yogurt puffs and Cheerios instead of barbecue and beer), then went shopping on Dickson and for a little drive around the UA campus to at least get the feel of being at the game. We had such a great day!





Addison was such a good girl so when she asked me for a new toy, I just couldn't resist. She picked out a little Walk & Ride car that she can push around to help her get the hang of walking, and she LOVES it (As evidenced by the four hundred pictures shown here...Sorry, they were all so cute! She is becoming such a ham!)! I barely had the last screw in place, and she was already chugging on down the hall!



Well, the new toy did the trick! Sunday evening Addison was standing (hands-free, which she's been doing for several months) a few steps from the stove playing with Daddy, where I have hanging a couple of fingertip towels that she loves to pull down and play with. All of a sudden, she picked up one foot, set it down, then picked up the other foot, set it down, and ooonnnnneeee last little step toward those beloved towels!

Once she got what she wanted, the novelty was over, and she was back to the floor. I was so excited/proud/sad/terrified of this milestone that I (naturally) started to cry! She actually did it once more, but the second the camera came out, the newfound talent quickly disappeared. But she has demonstrated her abilities for me several more times since last night!
Very cool thing to see. Very nervous mommy!
Also, this is Addison's new favorite game. She loves to lift the skirt on the kitchen chairs and crawl through the little tunnel! It's extra fun when someone plays along and pokes their head through the tunnel, too!

9 comments:
Knew it was just a matter of days before she made the plunge! She is definately a precocious baby. Love the new riding toy, she will have skid marks on her daddy's clean floor before he can say John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt!!!!
I knew she would be walking soon! She needs to give McCoy some pointers on Thursday!
What a cutie!
Aww...she is so sweet. Trouble is about to start for little miss priss...or I guess you since she is walking! :) Enjoy every moment...you will be like me and look up and your baby is 4 and rocking out to Hannah Montana
Oh, she is TOO cute! I can't believe she's taking steps! That's great/scary/exciting/sad...I know the feeling. Even though Lyddie's my third, I know I'll cry like a baby when she takes her first steps!
That is so great! Yeah Addison!
yeah Addison! I can't believe she is already walking!!!
oh my gosh! that does not shock me! She is way ahead of the game! :)
She looks so stinkin cute on that car! Lets get together this week, I will call you!
Way To Go Ms. Addison!!!!!!!!!!
Katherine is almost walking,now! Addison is way ahead of Katherine!!! Katherine just cared nothing about walking until now! (at 1 year old)
I love her Hogs shirt! TOO CUTE!!!!!
Thanks for the prayers for Katherine's hip! We are praying for the best!
Hope to see ya @ church this week!!!!
Oh & I didn't forget about taking pics for you,of the wagon & letters! Sorry......I'll to that tonight!
She is toooo cute!! I love that smile!!
BTW - You have been tagged!
Post a Comment