Monday, February 11, 2008

A Big Day!

Dr. Gregory was sick last week, so Addison's appointment was rescheduled for today. And what a great appointment! Addison is now up to 8 pounds 8 ounces! She has gained so well! Jim Ed and I can't remember what her height was, but she has grown at least an inch since her first weigh-in on January 30. Dr. Gregory was pleased with her growth, and thought she was the cutest thing in the world--she definitely used the term "Princess" more than once! What a big, strong girl!

We have been on cord-watch, waiting so impatiently for that thing to fall off so we can have a real big-girl bath. Dr. Gregory cleaned it really well, and said that it would definitely be gone in a couple of days. We got in the car and went to Daddy's office, and by the time we got her out to change her diaper, it was gone! Hooray! Now it's sitting on Addison's ottoman, staring us in the face. Taunting us, new parents that we are. What are we supposed to do with it? It feels so wrong to just throw it away, but do you keep it in the baby book, or what?

This was also our first full day without YaYa (who has been affectionately dubbed "Consuela" in honor of Suzanne Sugarbaker's fabulous housekeeper extraordinaire on Designing Women) here to wait on us hand and foot. We are so lucky that she was able to be here for so long--we have a fully stocked freezer, with meals to last at least the next month (not including all the AMAZING meals our wonderful friends have been bringing to us--thank you all sooo much!!!). I was a little apprehensive about her leaving, but it was sort of like ripping off the Band-Aid. It's gotta come off, you just have to do it. And guess what: I survived. And so did Addison. Jim Ed even got dinner. We can do this.

Daddy, Addison (fix those socks, Daddy!) and Aunt Shannon at Daddy's office...
Papa likes to offer cheeseburgers and bowling trips with Maddie and Will to Addison--I don't quite think she's ready for that, but I guess that's what Papas do!

3 comments:

Amber said...

glad to hear that y'all are doing so well...i need to get over there to see that baby girl!

Corbin said...

I have John Ausitn's cord in a ziplock in the diaper changing drawer! I forgot about it and the other day was restocking diapers and found it and was like what the blank is this GROSS! then I remembered it was his cord and put it back in there. I can't bear to part with it yet as gross as it may be!!! JA is also partly sleeping with me! although his cradle is next to the bed! Love your post keep up the good work!!! She is such a doll!!!

Amanda @ Bibs and Cribs said...

I'm so with you on the cord--it's part of my baby, how do I throw it out??? Good to know I'm not alone on the co-sleeping...her room is upstairs and too far away!