Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Things I Don't Want to Forget

Since I started this blog when Addison was already 10 days old, there are ALREADY a million things I don't want to forget:


1. Addison regained the weight she lost in the hospital in two days. She is a fanatic eater, and it is so funny when she eats on the "LB," as Jim Ed calls it, she's MESSY!!! The entire right side of her sweet little face is covered with milk!


2. She makes the funniest little noises. It's like a squeak, sigh and gulp all rolled into one. And she grunts a LOT when she's hungry.


3. She hates hates hates being wet or dirty. But who wouldn't? Often, she refuses to eat unless her diaper has been changed.


4. Other than the Doctor's office, Addison's first outing was to our friend Sarah's baby shower. (Sarah's son-to-be is one of Addison's first friends, Grady!) She was such a little lady the entire time, and everyone at the shower just wanted to snuggle her. I held on tight--it's still flu season! Sorry, I can't help it, I'm a teacher!


5. Addison loves to nap on her Daddy's chest. Usually he will burp her for me, and she will fall asleep on his chest before we can get her swaddled and back to bed!


6. Last night, Addison had her first storytime. Daddy read "While Angels Watch" to her. It was a gift from our very dear friends and Addison's surrogate grandparents, the Karnes. Mommy cried the whole time, which is something we're getting used to around here. All I have to do is look her direction and I lose it. Especially when Daddy is holding her.


7. She already loves her little gym! We've had lots of fun watching her kick and bat at the monkeys and elephants. I know she's still learning to focus, but it seems like she knows exactly what she's doing! Addison is also extremely strong--the first time she was handed to me, she was able to lift her head and look around, and she already has strong legs--she will push off Daddy's legs and stand up! I know, I know, but she really is strong!!!


8. She is the perfect child. We are sooo in love and feel so incredibly blessed and thankful that we have been given such an amazing gift.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

Amanda, I found this thru Amber's blog, and just wanted to tell you congratulations! Addison is so beautiful and a perfect little angel! Take care!