Thursday, February 21, 2008

Momma Said There'd Be Days Like This...

We've been pretty lucky, I have to admit. Addison is one good girl. And, yes, I am knocking on wood as I type this. She has her fussy times, that's for sure, but overall, she's pretty mellow. What I can't figure out, though, is where she gets her impatience. Oh yeah, her Dad! She wakes up hungry and must eat NOW!!! And God forbid if she is eating (which, by the way is soo loud!), and SHE pauses just for a second to take a break. She screams, and I mean screams, as if to tell me, "Why would you dare take my dinner away from me? Bring it back NOW!!!" She's also under the impression that we live on a Carnival cruise ship and the buffet is open 24/7...

Some fun pictures from last night, Addison and Daddy playing... She's starting to respond really well to us, and that purple elephant with pink polka dots in her gym is in serious trouble. She's coming for you!



That last one cracks me up!


Today was a great day, but full of learning experiences for Mommy. Namely, I must now travel with a change of clothes for myself and for my daughter. Let me explain:

I had an appointment with Brooke Peterson of Razzberry Ink to design Addison's birth announcements (which are going to be presh, by the way!), so I got Addison all dressed and ready, and myself all dressed and ready. Addison was fabulous riding in the car all the way there, she just watched the rain on the windows until she dozed off. She was pretty sleepy, so we were able to plan it all out before she woke up, but then it was time to eat, and as you recall, we're on the funship, so the buffet is always open. She ate really well, but when she eats well she also fills those diapers! So I headed off to change her, and as I was switching the diapers, I was bombed! And I mean everywhere; it looked like I shook up a Coke and opened it, not thinking about the consequences. And I still had errands to run! Well, Brooke was so nice about it, fortunately she has a child and understands, but I felt awful! I am such a mom, though--I was so not concerned with me, I just wanted to clean up Addison and Brooke's house! God bless my mom, I know I must have done that to her at least once or twice. And she still talks to me today.

Anyway, we also had quite a treat: our first unofficial playdate with our good friends Caroline and Carlee. Their Mommy Keri, my most amazing friend and someone I am calling more and more for advice these days, brought us lunch...and dinner! Wow! The girls just loved playing with Addison's toys, which made me so happy--hopefully that means she will, too! Caroline just wanted to kiss Baby Addison, and Carlee was pretty fascinated, too. Addison just slept. Maybe next time she'll be a more active participant. This picture just says it all:

Thank you again, girls, for coming over! We had so much fun and hope to do it many more times in the future! Keri, thank you for being such a wonderful person and so thoughtful! I don't know what I would do without you!

3 comments:

the boyd girls.... said...

You are so sweet! You are welcome! I will bring you whatever you need, whenever! ;) I loved getting to love on precious Addison!She is such a doll! I can barely remember when my girls were so quite and sleepy! :) Lets get together again, soon!

PS: About the poop, you dealt with it just fine, I am sure, it will happen more than once... I have clothes in the car... for both girls at all times!

RachelM said...

Her eating reminds me of McCoy. He's pretty good too, unless he's hungry!! And once he decides he's hungry you better feed him NOW!
I've seen some announcements from Razzberry Ink and they are absolutely adorable. You'll have to post a picture of it on your blog.
You learn a lot quicker than I do about bringing a change of clothes. It took me 4 months and several trips cut short to figure that one out!
Thanks for the diaper rash help! He's doing good now but I'll be storing all those helpful tips for later!

Corbin said...

JA has to EAT NOW too!!! and now that our buffet is closed we have to wait for a bottle to warm!!! the fun times of mother hood!
So far our worst poop experience has ended with poop on my round brush and Stella licking the poop off the changing pad that was thrown on the floor by a bewilderd dad! and then topped off with a golden shower! we know now when he poops to be prepared. Motherhood is NOT for sissys! keep up the good post it is so comforting to know someone esle out there is doing all the same things I am!!!