Saturday, July 12, 2008

Supposed to be Napping

I went in to check on Addison yesterday while she was supposed to be asleep (because I could hear this clicking noise on the monitor) and this is what I found.

She had a tight grip on one of the toys on her mobile, and was just fascinated by the toy trying to move! There was a video, but it won't load, so I give up.

We've also noticed that she is pulling herself up to her knees on the sides of the crib (I've also witnessed this on a chair and on me, but pulling to stand) and sticking her legs between the bars, biting on the rail, and waiting on us to come rescue her! FYI, sitting up has been mastered for a while now. As soon as she learns a new trick, she masters it. There's no "practice," so we don't get an adjustment period! The mattress is moving down TONIGHT because this kid is on the move!

Which brings me to the point. My 5 1/2 month old child is about to start crawling. No I'm not kidding. She has crawled a little on the floor, but not very far yet. I've also seen her do it in her crib, but she makes it a lot farther because it's soft! The funniest version of a crawl she's done is a crawl on the front half, but a bunny hop on the back! Hilarious!

We are in sooo much trouble!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone agrees...she is a climber! Just be prepared to be on your toes constantly. Your younger sister was a climber and made me gray before my time! The latest pics of the giraffe, etc. are wonderful. She just gets prettier and prettier.
Much love.

Anonymous said...

How can every picture get better and better? Addison is just so beautiful. She definately exudes personality. It is going to be interesting to see if she continues to be center stage. Wow, what a knock-out.

Christy said...

I emailed you about the tutu and the canvas... let me know if you got it! Thanks again!!!