Tuesday, July 1, 2008

This Ain't My First Rodeo, Y'all...

Oh, wait a second! Yes it is!

This is officially RODEO weekend in "this neck of the woods," and since PaPa is a member of the board, guess who gets special privileges at the grounds?

We ate a yummy barbecue dinner, followed by not one but three desserts!!! Addison sure liked the triple chocolate pie!

Then we headed to the barn to check on PaPa's horses. Addison got to sit on Crackerjack and snuggle with Chili. She was a little uncomfortable in the barn--those horses are huge to me, imagine what they must look like to someone two feet tall!

Then we went up to our seats and watched cute little kiddos Mutton Bustin' and the Peanut Dig, while Addison watched the American flag moving in the breeze. I think Angel Baby enjoyed her first trip to the rodeo, even though it was a short one. Maybe we can make it to barrel racing next year!

5 comments:

Tabitha and Kelly said...

Such fun! Love the family picture! You guys make a beautiful family. Congrats on the tooth!! I think Max is starting to teeth. The drooling is out of control and he puts EVERYTHING in his mouth! We shall see. You take care and it is so nice to know what is going on with you!! It's been TOO long!

RachelM said...

Looks like yall had fun!
We're going to the rodeo tonight so we'll see what McCoy thinks!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Where is the cowboy hat? What a good time, watching all the kids and animals. Those horses are pretty big though. Papa and Lynn look like they are having fun also.
Next year she might ride in the grand entry on Papa's lap. That would be great fun.

CAMoore said...

Oh I wish we lived up there! I just know that my neice would just love the rodeo!!!!

PS. I love the frames you did!! I picked them up from my mom's yesterday and with the bedding they look great!!! I am still thinking about having you do one more (in a size larger)--I think I need 3 on a wall! :) Will let you know!