Friday, August 1, 2008

Last Night

Addison was wild last night! I tried three times to put her to bed, unsuccessfully. Normally we don't go get her out of bed, but this was a different cry. Lately, she's been out of her normal sleep routine, waking a lot. Part of it is that I think she's not getting a lot from me, so we've started formula, too. And I'm really sad about it!

Anyway, after the third attempt at bedtime (around 10:30), we decided we'd just let her play for a bit. Fast forward to midnight, and this kiddo was still rockin and rollin! She was jumping on the bed, blowing raspberries, talking...anything to make Daddy and I laugh. Which we did, because it was so silly and fun, playing so late at night!

You'd think we gave her a Snickers bar!

***Update on the Wild Woman: This nighttime partying continued for a couple of nights, coupled with not-so-great eating, then as quick as it came, it was gone! She's back to her old self, bedtime around 8 and awake at 6:30. The best part: even though she wakes at 6:30, I pull her into bed with me and she will snuggle with me in the bend of my arm for another half-hour to hour! Every morning, I can't help but think, "This is what heaven must be like!"

3 comments:

The Ennis' said...

I'm sorry to bug you!! I saw your blog from a link from Stacey's. You mentioned the blog designer that you used so I checked it out. I changed my background but I'm stuck with a background color that won't change from the original! Do you know anything about this? Your blog is so cute btw. I love your daughter's bows!! I have my first girl after two boys so I'm excited for the girly things.

CAMoore said...

Amanda....I have something for you on my blog. check it out!!!!

RachelM said...

McCoy is so excited to hear that Addison is thinking of him! We've definitely been missing our swimming buddies this week!