Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Stand By Me!

In this little clip of her balancing while standing, JE says Addison is six months, one week old. She is much steadier these days at 7 months, a few days old... But you can tell that she likes the newfound independence that standing brings her! She stands up all the time, and will go from a bear-crawl position (her preferred crawl, just like Mommy did) to completely upright with no effort. She does often with a relatively heavy object for her little body, like a full bottle or my wallet, and what amazes me is that she can stand without her arms waving at her sides. It's like she's been doing it for ages!
Actually, just yesterday, I was sitting one chair holding her bottle, trying to get her to come to me while she stood at another chair about five feet away. As she stood there, alternating her gaze between myself, her bottle and the floor, I could see the wheels turning... How do I get to Mommy (more importantly, my food) without having to crawl? I really believe it's just a matter of time now before those first steps break free!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

No comments: