Today was Addison's first Easter, and I think she liked it! Well, I guess she liked it about as well as any other day...she slept and ate and played about the same amount as usual. We went to the mall on Saturday to get a picture with the Easter Bunny, but it turned into a fiasco--the lady at the desk was not too keen on helping us, obnoxious kids all around, the bunny wasn't even there for an hour, yuck... So we gave up, certain that there would be the usual bunny at the club, just like every year. But he wasn't there! So no bunny pictures this year. =( We'll make up for it next year with real bunny pictures! And yet another successful church visit! Addison was a perfect angel! She loves the music!
Addison's first little Easter basket! Sadly, no candy yet... Mommy and Daddy would just gobble it up, anyway! Addison also got a basket of goodies from YaYa and Often, and I had to put that adorable card YaYa sent me in Addison's basket! His little pink sparkly ears make me so happy!
The fam...after a yummy lunch at the club. Love JE's pink shirt!
Aunt Sister came over for a visit with Addison--don't they look happy? She brought her new German Shepherd/Akita puppy, Anastasia Beaverhausen (anyone who knows where that name is from, I am so impressed! It is Karen Walker's alias on Will & Grace...), to play with Falene. They were so cute together!
Addison's pretty Easter dress... Kind of hard to see, but it is salmon linen with gorgeous ecru embroidery and matching ruffled bloomers. Thank you, Aunt Paula! We love it! The headband has a huge off white flower with a rhinestone in the center. Ben said it looked like Addison was ready to be planted!
All smiles! Or is that a yawn?
On Friday, Addison insisted on getting all dressed up in her Princess Tutu. Okay, maybe Mommy insisted. But how cute does she look? JE is right, she is my little doll to dress up. But her clothes are sooo much cuter than mine! I really do think she felt pretty special; she loved the way the soft tulle felt in her fingers. When I was dressing her, she kept touching it and smiling and cooing!

Notice the ballerina socks! And she is smiling at... the bed. ???
Happy Girl!
"Little Princess" doesn't even begin to describe it...
Quick visit to Papa's office. Zonked out because...
... Papa put her in his lap and rubbed her belly until she fell asleep! She loves his bouncy chair!
I love my Juicy sweatsuit (that I will probably outgrow by next week!!!)!
Coloring Easter eggs with Maddie and Will... She looks amazed!
Maddie's special pink "I Love Addison" Egg!
Exactly what do you think you're doing, Mister?
Ooh, that's nice...
Kickin' back in the tub... Mommy, thank you for remembering to cover up my woo this time!
Addison is starting to smile and talk ALL the time. She loves the morning (don't know where she gets that), and is very alert for most of the a.m. She has started to say "nnn-gah" a lot. JE and I wonder what it is she is trying to say to us? She also giggles and shrieks, and when we tickle her tummy, I can tell it definitely tickles her, but she still doesn't know quite how to convey that emotion yet. She sort of smiles, and tenses up, but the laugh is almost out...
She also made a sound that was unbelievably close to "dada" tonight, and Daddy got really excited (We know it wasn't really, but how fun anyway!)! Addison reacts to Mommy's and Daddy's voices really well now, and kicks her legs and flails her arms when we talk to her. She is also starting to discover her hands; she isn't totally fascinated by them yet, but she snacks on them a lot!
Also, I think she is going to like to have her hair played with like Mommy. It is so easy to put her to sleep by gently stroking her soft little head (which is starting to have a little more hair these days!).
The strangest thing...When I was holding Addison's new cousin Elle, I just could not get over the fact that we were there only two short months ago. Addison has grown so incredibly fast, and we are so blessed that she is so healthy, but wow does time fly! Two months is an eternity to these little ones, and four or so pounds is so much bigger! Wow!
We love you so much, Angel Baby! Happy First Easter!
1 comment:
Love your family picture on Easter!! I can't wait til the day Clarke & I have our little bean to show off!! Addison is adorable - I just love how you dress her! (bows and all)
Post a Comment