Addison and I went to Brooke's again on Friday to proof Addison's birth announcement. Ooh, is it cute! I am so excited to get it mailed out! And no explosions this time (you'll have to read that post to understand)! Then Daddy treated us to lunch, and Addison flashed the biggest smile she's had yet at the host. She managed to get us a great table! And Friday night our friend Bo came for a visit. She is one of Mommy's students, and Addison's future babysitter (one day in the very distant future when Daddy and Mommy can stand to be away from her), and Addison just loves her!
On Saturday our friend Alyssa (who was on the dance team that Mommy coached, and then lived with us last summer) came up from Conway to meet Addison, and we had so much fun! Daddy insisted on going to Lowe's, but then the girls fought back with a trip to Monday's Child, where we picked out some super cute clothes! Mommy bought Addison a camo and pink outfit (with big, shiny rhinestones!!!) to make Daddy happy (he's been complaining that her wardrobe lacks any camoflage), but for some reason, it didn't suit his tastes. Wonder why. Then Daddy went to work on all the goodies he got at Lowe's, while Alyssa played with Addison all day. (I still can't believe I let you waste my time with "Shoes" and "Old Greg..." Never again!!!) Addison was pretty content in Alyssa's arms, and I think they're going to be great friends!
Napping with AlyssaThen we went to Papa and Lynnlee's house for dinner, and Addison got lots of lovins from the whole fam! Aunt Katie is getting really close to having cousin Elisabeth (I thought for sure last night was the night), and we are sooo excited! It will be so neat to have a cousin so close in age to play with all the time! We stayed a little too late, though, and Addison got pretty cranky. She is usually in bed or well on her way there (though not necessarily asleep) by the time we headed home. We must be getting into a little bit of a routine and I didn't realize it! How wonderful!

Playing with Lynnlee. You'll see what she was checking out in a second...

Playing with Will. I think he might actually be okay with a girl cousin now!
Playing with Maddie, who is definitely okay with a girl cousin!
Addison was completely amazed and transfixed by the beams in PaPa and Lynnlee's ceiling! She stared at them all night!
And the biggest news of all: Sunday we got really brave and headed to church for the first time! And Addison was nothing less than a PERFECT ANGEL!!! The music was really loud, but it didn't even faze her! She just slept right through it all! She did let out a loud squawk that made Mommy practically jump out of her skin, but that's pretty normal as she falls asleep. I just wasn't expecting it during the Lord's Prayer!
All dressed up for church with Daddy...
Addison was completely amazed and transfixed by the beams in PaPa and Lynnlee's ceiling! She stared at them all night!And the biggest news of all: Sunday we got really brave and headed to church for the first time! And Addison was nothing less than a PERFECT ANGEL!!! The music was really loud, but it didn't even faze her! She just slept right through it all! She did let out a loud squawk that made Mommy practically jump out of her skin, but that's pretty normal as she falls asleep. I just wasn't expecting it during the Lord's Prayer!
All dressed up for church with Daddy...
And Mommy. Is she the cutest thing ever?After church, Aunt Sister came over to play--yaay!!! She loves you! But why do we never manage to take a picture of you two together??? Later we took a nice long walk with Falene because the sun was shining, and it was such a beautiful day! It was so nice to finally be out and about! Addison slept the entire time--if anyone out there has a baby and doesn't have a Baby Bjorn carrier, go to Target this minute and get one! Works like a charm! The only problem was that she slept through meeting Cy Spencer the first time! He is a bruiser! What a big boy! And sooo cute! Then our surrogate grandparents, Gary and Trudy came for a visit. Gary discovered that Addison will fall asleep if you rub her feet. I think it was just that his lap was sooo soothing!
Getting ready for my walk! This was a really comfortable position that Mommy put me in when I started to fuss!
We have a friend's baby shower this week, and Mommy has a Doctor's appointment. Big week!
Love you so much, Addison! Thanks for smiling at me this morning while you were eating. You made my whole day! =)
We have a friend's baby shower this week, and Mommy has a Doctor's appointment. Big week!
Love you so much, Addison! Thanks for smiling at me this morning while you were eating. You made my whole day! =)
1 comment:
What a fun weekend! I'm just sick that I missed y'all when you came by on Sunday. I wasn't quite dressed for the day yet....so terrible I know...but Cy told me all about his new friend. Maybe we can take Addison and Cy to church together next Sunday...that way we can point at the other when/if one starts to cry :)
Post a Comment