Thursday, March 6, 2008

Happy Six-Week Birthday to ME!!!

I'm not kidding when I say this child is a prodigy! She is so smart! Just this morning, I woke to find her typing away on my laptop:

"I am now officially six weeks old! Wow! Can you believe that just a short while ago, I was just a twinkle in my Daddy's eye? And then a pain in my Mommy's lower back?

I love being here...these "parent" people are kinda crazy with all the singing and talking and dancing they do to try to entertain me. Most of the time I don't understand what they're saying, but once in a while I flash 'em a grin to keep them happy. For some reason they go so crazy when I do that! I really like to dance and bounce in the Baby Bjorn carrier that my Daddy wears (Mommy thinks it's really cute when he wears that!). Maybe that's because I have a Mommy who coached dance. But sometimes the only way they can keep me from crying, especially during my fussy part of the evening, is to hop around the room and sing like those people I see on American Idol! Mom's not such a great singer, but Lord how she tries!

I am growing so fast--I can't wait to go back to Dr. Gregory and see how much weight I've gained. Everyone says I am so pretty. I can't wait until I can recognize myself in the mirror so I know who they're talking about! They keep taking pictures of me...I think they're trying to get one of the funny little face that I make that looks like I'm saying "oooohhhh..." No such luck! As soon as they get out that camera, I scream, just for fun!

I'm still eating like there's no tomorrow. In fact, last night I ate about every hour and a half instead of every three and a half like I usually do. I also didn't sleep a lot, or sleep my long span like I usually do. But I'm raring to go this morning! I think I'll head to the Jungle Gym for a quick workout before Mommy wakes up. She seems pretty tired...

Uh oh! Mommy's waking up! Gotta run! Time to eat!"

Can you believe that? Addison, we are so lucky to have you and I can't believe it's already been six whole weeks since you were born! I never believed those people who said they grow so fast, but you sure are! Love you, Angel Baby!

3 comments:

Christy said...

Loved hearing from Addison! :)

The Walkers said...

Wow, she is very verbal and has great fine motor skills :). Loved the post though, because it was a great way for me to catch up on how your little family is doing. The Boyds came all the way to LR for Sydney's birthday party today, which makes me very thankful and happy to have them as friends. We have several mutual friends I just realized, the Kellys and Devin/Steven B. Small world! Hope life is great, and I promise that you won't wear your baby in a sling to keep the fussy-hour away forever. I have been there :).

RachelM said...

What a genius!
It is amazing how fast they grow! Happy 6 weeks Addison!