Sunday, March 2, 2008

First Time for a Passie!

Hallelujah!!! Guess who finally took a pacifier today! This is a huge accomplishment for Addison--we have been trying to get her to take one for, well, about 5 weeks now. And the second that she realizes it's not the real thing, she spits it out! But for some reason, she finally accepted it today! This is wonderful! =) Notice the adorable bunny slippers! I will make sure to post a better picture of them later. I absolutely love those things!


Hangin' out with Daddy! She is so content in his arms! I think he has a soothing effect on her!
She is totally holding her own head up here! And has been for a while! Jim Ed is supporting her back, of course, but the neck is all her! She is so strong!
This is our newest toy, another version of the tummy time mat...and we waited to try it out because it seems a little challenging for a newborn, but Addison loved it!
She lays in the ladybug and can swivel around to play with all the different toys on different petals.
And she no longer loves it. Short attention span! Thank you so much, Aunt Holly! We love it!


So, I need to make some notes about some other things that have been happening:


1. We have a great lullaby cd that we've been using for naptime, and Addison seems to like it a lot. But she HATES one song, "Lullaby and Goodnight." There's probably a real name, but I'm sure you know what song I mean. It wakes her up every time. Well, actually, it is early on the cd, maybe #3, so it doesn't really wake her, but she does fuss when she hears it. Interestingly, I didn't like it either! My mom, YaYa, used to sing it to me, and I HATED it! I wonder why she kept singing it to me???


2. Saturday we went to the ballpark to see Daddy (who was running Cal Ripken baseball tryouts)! And Daddy picked out our outfit, a really cute pink Razorback onesie with pink striped BabyLegs and a ginormous red bow! Well, that part was Mommy's doing. I forgot to take a picture, which frustrates me because she looked so darn cute! Daddy is a little superstitious, so when the basketball Hogs won, he decided we would wear that outfit for every ballgame. But then the baseball Hogs lost. So maybe Addison isn't a baseball fan?


3. Still at the ballpark, Addison decided it was time for a late lunch, so we headed to the car. Walking to the car, she fell sound asleep. And it was impossible to wake her! She never sleeps so soundly! I was washing her face with a Mustela wipe (COLD!!!), tickling her back and feet, pulling on her ears (not really), whatever I could think of that might rouse her! The warm sunshine was just too much! So we packed up and headed to Caroline and Carlee's house. Uncle Jeff and Aunt Keri tried and tried to wake her, too! Nothing!!! She finally woke up when it was diaper-changing time, and was, of course, FURIOUS!!!


4. Addison loves ceiling fans, even when they aren't moving! She is totally captivated by the big thing in the middle of the ceiling! Along those lines, she really is focusing really well on our faces and smiling at us more and more. Daddy is really good at coaxing smiles out when he gets home from work! She has also started to talk a little more. She says "la" and "i" and has discovered that she can cough.


5. Our typical morning usually consists of Addison waking and eating at around 7:30 (I thought she was going to be like me, not a morning person, but no such luck!), we will then play for about 20-30 minutes in the bed. She'll sit in my lap and we will just talk and play and look around the room. Then she starts to kick me in the chest or abdomen (both of which are still really tender, so it hurts!!), so we head to the jungle gym for about 20 minutes. She fights sleep so hard, I think we are going to have a real social butterfly on our hands! The last few days, she has fallen asleep in her gym, and I can't bear to move her for fear of waking her and starting all over! So I just tuck a blanket around her and let her nap right there!
While she naps I can usually get ready for the day, at least mostly (my getting-ready process has gotten considerably shorter), and we try to head out for at least a small errand (some days more) in the afternoon. She does tend to get pretty fussy in the evening, and is a little irritable most nights from 6-10, but off and on. She will be super-sweet, but then 10 minutes later is screaming her head off. Then 10 minutes later, Angel Baby is back...
6. And Addison is such a great sleeper! I can't get over it! She normally sleeps for 4 1/2 to 5 hours during the first part of the night, then wakes every 3 hours after that. We are so grateful for the long sleep! She is such a great baby, even though there are definitely obstacles!

7 comments:

RachelM said...

Yeah for the passie! We tried it a few times too before McCoy would take it but once he did he loved it!
I wish you would've taken a pic of her in that outfit too! It sounds like she might be wearing it more often though. Can't wait to see it!

gay goodwin wickham said...

What a precious family. You are going to be the best parents. Addison is a very lucky and beautiful little baby girl.

Corbin said...

The passie is savior!!! I hope she continues to takeit!!!

The Traxsons said...

The passie is great! Of course my little guy is 2 and still sleeping with one. I'm so afraid to take it away for fear I'll never sleep again!

Linda said...

Trudy and I talked this morning about all "our" precious little babies that are in the world right now. Addison is precious (as if you didn't already know that).
Hope she's having a great week!
Linda Miller

Christy said...

That's great news! My girls would never take one (we tried) but they did fall in love with blankets. Mackenzie - Yellow One and Peyton - BeBe. It was always nice to have something to help soothe them...sometimes even better than Mommy!

Kathleen Villar said...

It has been a long time since we were selling cookbooks at Candy Cane Lane waiting on babies to arrive. You have made a great blog! Addison is beautiful and I've enjoyed reading about her. My little guy Joseph is 10 weeks today and we are still working on the passie. He likes it sometimes, but in the heat of the moment always wants the real thing.